We are looking for an Applications Manager to join our team. The Applications Manager is responsible for managing new project opportunities from proposal through to award, ensuring proposals and solutions are of high quality and clearly demonstrate competitive advantages that set EPFC apart.
- Ensure scope definition, technical / commercial accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of proposals
- Develop and deliver high quality proposals including Request for Proposals (RFPs), Expression of Interest (EOI), Request for Quotations (RFQs) etc. that meet client and internal expectations.
- Provide client support through the bid evaluation process to ensure effective solutions.
- Manage team of designated technical resources to develop the engineering, design, fabrication, construction, and overall project execution inputs for proposals.
- Review and when required challenge estimates prepared by the technical teams.
- Develop a strong internal network and contribute to the identification of the best resources for the proposal support team.
- Ensure timely and accurate estimates, contingencies, cash flows, etc. (Working with Project Services).
- Condensing bid substance and intent in the form of Executive Summary or cover letter to accompany proposal.
- Conduct Turnover meetings to pass on all relevant documentation to the project team.
- Supporting and fostering relationships with clients, partners, and associates.
- Track Proposal Success and client feedback collected post proposal (develop KPIs and report on trends, provide insight into success/failure metrics).
- Accountable for the development of the bidding process and bid templates (continuous improvement of proposal content database and templates).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience constructing proposals, incorporating inputs from the technical teams.
- Exposure to a broad range of industrial engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction departments (mechanical, electrical, instrument and controls).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize within a busy workload.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship building skills.
- Experience with lump sum turn-key projects is an asset.
- Experience with Prequalification’s, Expressions of Interest, RFIs and RFQs from Western Canadian producers and/or operating companies is an asset.
- Cost estimating experience is an asset.
- Technical writing experience is an asset.
NO UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS REGARDING STATUS OF APPLICATION AND/OR AGENCY PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.