INTERMEDIATE / SENIOR COST CONTROLLER
The Project Cost Controller reports to the Manager, Project Services and is assigned to support projects by overseeing the cost control duties with intent of setting projects up for success. The Cost Controller works independently to monitor, control, and report on the cost-related aspects of projects managed by the assigned project management teams. This includes ensuring that costs for assigned projects are identified, accounted for, and reported in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with the company’s established business practices and procedures. This role will be working with both third-party contractors and internal clients and requires strong customer service and communication skills to align with the needs of the project managers and leadership. The successful candidate will be required to liaise with various stakeholders such as Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Finance, Construction, Commissioning, and external contractors/vendors, therefore requiring understanding of the full project scope of work. The position will mainly be responsible for:
- Cost recording, monitoring, forecasting, and reporting.
- Preparing cost trend estimates in support of change management program.
- Performing data analysis, identify problems and make recommendations.
- Conduct studies to develop and establish benchmarks for productivity, install factors and unit pricing.
- Implement performance measurement systems and analyze results, and identify improvements for productivity rates, labor rates, cost models, unit prices, and other cost data.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Project Services.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant Trades.
- 3+ years of project control experience working at an EPC company, fabricator or construction contractor or 5+ years of experience on the producer/client side.
- Advanced Excel skills (all selected candidates will be required to complete an online Excel test).
- Other skills that will be considered an asset are as follows:
- Familiarity with Power BI.
- Previous scheduling experience couple with familiarity with Primavera.
- Previous estimating experience.
- Experience with multiple aspects of our business (engineering, manufacturing, construction).
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to work effectively with all clients, both internal and external.
Please note that candidates selected will be required to complete an Excel test prior to moving forward in the recruitment process. Tests will be organized and coordinated via email at a convenient time for applicants.
All candidates interested in applying must submit a cover letter outlining their skills and why they would be a good fit for the role.
While we thank everyone for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency phone calls and/or calls inquiring as to the status of your application will be accepted.