INTERMEDIATE PROJECT ENGINEER (6-9 YEARS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE)
The individual assigned to this role will be accountable for ensuring assigned projects meet the desired results through strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Project Engineers will work on one or multiple assigned projects and client accounts to support the project team from early project development through execution. Construction Deliverables, Material Requisitions, facilitating meetings, capturing meeting notes and minutes and other engineering deliverables will be areas of responsibility as will managing the scope, budget and schedule for their assigned projects as required. More specific responsibilities include:
- Support senior personnel with the execution of projects including the design of plans, preliminary estimates, and details – with the use of guidelines. Where no guidelines exist, capable of creating new ones.
- Develop, coordinate inputs, and maintain the project design basis in the form of a DBM, using it as a roadmap throughout the life of the project.
- Verify and complete requests for proposals, estimates and other technical documents as required by the Client.
- Develop and write structured reports as needed based on predetermined studies.
- Facilitate meetings capturing meeting notes and minutes for dissemination to participants.
- Develop and manage action logs. Able to concisely review with PMT members and that of the client as required.
- Able to develop meeting agendas and run effective meetings when necessary.
- Technically competent to review detailed engineering calculations and ask questions of concern with technical authorities as needed.
- Interface with project controls personnel on an on-going basis – i.e., scope control, cost control, schedule control and risk control.
- Demonstrate autonomy with regards to project management tasking.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing project deliverables (regulatory, cost estimating, PEP’s and DBMs)
- Reporting and scheduling
- Engineering/Design Support
- Procurement Support
- Construction Support
- Review and stamp drawings as required.
- Interpret and apply applicable regulatory requirements to execute assigned projects safely and successfully.
- Proactively manage deadlines and ensure appropriate communication is provided (to relevant parties) when schedule and cost conflicts arise.
- Ability to run computer simulation programs as well as in-house engineering spreadsheets.
- Strong familiarity with the use of One Note and SharePoint would be considered as beneficial as is the proficient use of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in written word.
- Well organized and able to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently.
- Able to articulate and communicate concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Understands how to receive and manage constructive directives in a professional manner.
- Is comfortable and able to engage in discussion with peers, highly technical personnel, clients and executives.
- Is a self starter who takes the initiative and has the drive to complete work efforts in a coordinated and timely fashion.
- Having dedicated exposure to both fabrication and site construction activities would be considered a benefit.
NO UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS REGARDING STATUS OF APPLICATION AND/OR AGENCY PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.