JUNIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER / DRAFTER
Under the direction of a senior designer plans and carries out non-routine technical assignments of substantial variety and complexity. Resolves problems, interprets specifications, and investigates design difficulties. Participates in planning required to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Ensure projects are completed using the EPFC processes and standards.
- Support senior personnel with the execution of projects including the design & drafting of plans, preliminary estimations, and details with the use of guidelines.
- Proactively manage deadlines and ensure appropriate communication is provided (to relevant parties) when schedule conflicts arise.
- With supervision, generate all electrical engineering deliverables as required per project phase (single line diagrams, layouts, schedules, schematics, interconnection wiring diagrams, BOMs, details, etc.).
- 3D Modeling of Electrical Equipment.
- Possess some knowledge of the interdisciplinary interdependencies.
- Maintain effective and continuous communication with the entire project team.
- Reporting of any existing or potential safety and quality nonconformities to the senior designer and/or electrical lead.
- Ensure Client specific and/or EPFC’s General Specifications and industry regulations are followed for all projects.
- Ensure adherence to company engineering policies, procedures and systems for the electrical group.
- Technical school graduate with 0 - 1 year of design/drafting experience.
- Proficient in current releases of AutoCAD and CADWorx, 2D and 3D.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to work effectively with the Electrical Team and other disciplines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities; excellent ability to coordinate and prioritize work and meet short deadlines.
- Self-motivated, trustworthy, reliable, efficient and a positive team member.
While we thank everyone for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency phone calls and/or calls inquiring as to the status of your application will be accepted.