MECHANICAL PACKAGE ENGINEER
The Senior Mechanical Engineer, Projects will complete engineering deliverables at any stage of infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate will have the technical and business skills required to oversee and complete a variety of engineering deliverables from vendors and internally at EPFC. As part of the EPFC Mechanical Engineering Department, this individual would be expected to provide training and mentorship for junior engineers.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer, Projects may be responsible for the following:
- Define, specify and manage vendor packages.
- Technical oversight.
- Schedule management.
- Cost management.
- Monitor and review vendor materials for quality and assure client specification compliance.
- Input to, coordinate, create, check, review and/or authenticate engineering deliverables:
- Material Requisitions.
- Vendor document requirements.
- Technical and commercial bid evaluations.
- Materials selections.
- Plot Plan.
- Mechanical Equipment List.
- Tie-point List.
- Specialty Items List.
- Line Designation Table.
- Instrumentation Specifications.
- Interdisciplinary coordination for vendor and EPFC deliverables.
- 3D Models.
- Design change management.
- Multi-discipline oversight of whole packages of specific equipment.
- Creation and maintenance of EPFC templates and procedures.
- Business development and early project (Pre-FEED, FEED) input:
- Degree in Engineering with a minimum 12 years of engineering experience.
- An engineer registered as P.Eng. designation with APEGA; registration with other jurisdictions (BC, Saskatchewan) viewed as a benefit.
- Demonstrates awareness of health, safety and environment issues and commitment to address these issues.
- Previous experience in production facility project execution including working with fabrication and construction teams.
- Knowledge of, and experience working in, teams with a variety of engineering disciplines: Mechanical, Piping, Process, Electrical, Instrumentation, Civil.
- Pipe, valves and fitting experience is an asset.
- Pipeline design and construction experience is an asset.
- Pressure vessel design and fabrication experience is an asset.
- Prior fabrication or packaging experience is an asset.
- Material selection experience is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Ability to make timely decisions working in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to work effectively with all clients, both internal and external.
NO UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS REGARDING STATUS OF APPLICATION AND/OR AGENCY PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.