The Payroll Clerk is mainly responsible for assisting the Payroll Lead with processing bi-weekly payrolls for hourly and salaried employees as well as bi-weekly payrolls for contractors. This position is a multi-tasking position where attention to detail, time management and accuracy are essential. This position also supports other departments in accounting as well as the HR Lead.
- High volume of data entry for the processing of payroll each week, while maintaining accuracy and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Prepare reports as required and work with the Payroll Lead to prevent or resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Update personnel records by collecting, calculating, and entering data into various software systems.
- Point of contact for questions and requests regarding payroll.
- Involved in full cycle payroll including T4’s, ROE’s, termination calculations, remittances etc.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Expected to work with all levels of the organization in a cohesive manner.
- 2 years of previous payroll experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to work effectively with all clients, both internal and external.
NO UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS REGARDING STATUS OF APPLICATION AND/OR AGENCY PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.