The individual assigned to this role will be accountable for ensuring assigned projects meet the desired results through strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Project Managers will work on one or multiple assigned projects and client accounts to manage, guide and support the project team throughout execution. Construction Deliverables, Material Requisitions and other engineering deliverables will be areas of responsibility as will managing the scope, budget and schedule for their assigned projects. More specific responsibilities include:
- Mentorship and coaching of project team members.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Foster open lines of communication.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Organizational & Administration
- Develop and maintain PEP; using it as a roadmap throughout the life of the project.
- Management of contracts / long-term agreements with clients and service providers.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ensure that controlled documentation is accurately administered.
- Develop and manage project budgets, accountable for performance of the total project.
- Governance of the overall project schedule ensuring adherence and all exchange points have been vetted by sending and receiving parties.
- Emphasize the importance of honest feedback (positive and constructive) through the ranks and react efficiently and appropriately to all feedback.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with client, team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
- Running daily and weekly touchpoints with various projects and team members.
- Proactively manage deadlines and ensure appropriate communication is provided (to relevant parties) when schedule and cost conflicts arise.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards EH&S policies and practices.
- Ensure engineering design is in compliance with governing codes and industry standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Safety Commitments with no shortcuts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of EPFC’s mission of producing quality, safe, and cost-effective solutions.
- Ensure that day to day business complies with the EPFC’s best practices.
- Competent in ASME B31.3, B31.1, ASME VIII Div 1, CSA Z662, NACE MR0175, API, etc.
- Familiar with industry standards, specifications, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of regulatory codes and directives.
- Strong understanding of engineering & design, procurement, fabrication, construction, commissioning and operational practices.
- Ability to participate in HAZOP’s, PHA’s, RCFA’s, etc.
- Generation of budgets and cost reports including WBS development and project controls.
- Review / Input into project development including change management and reporting.
- Experience with building and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Verify and complete requests for proposals, estimates and other technical documents as required by the Client.
- Demonstrating creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual technical problems.
- Quality Assurance
- Understand and meet the requirements of integrity and quality management programs.
- Ensuring the proper documentation of all required QC for the project.
- Maintaining quality program documentation.
- Assist and compile required information for NCR’s, CAR’s, and process improvements.
- Professional Engineer or Certified Engineering Technologist sanctioned by APEGA/ASET.
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a strong preference to candidates who have prior field experience.
- Completed a wide variety of Full-Cycle projects: Plant Phase Developments, Offsites, and Operation’s Projects.
- High capacity with a can-do, positive attitude and an ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Strong Leadership / Team skills.
- Strong Communication, Interpersonal, and Management skills.
While we thank everyone for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency phone calls and/or calls inquiring as to the status of your application will be accepted.