We are looking for a Proposal Coordinator to join our team. EPFC Corp is an industry leader in the energy sector, accomplished in providing all services for lump sum turn-key projects from conceptual design through to operational start-up. The Proposal Coordinator will be responsible to coordinate the proposal process from start to finish ensuring proposals are of high quality and clearly demonstrate competitive advantages that set EPFC apart.
GENERAL ACTIVITIES AND SKILLS BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Support and demonstrate personal Safety leadership in accordance with EPFC’s Environment Health and Safety Program.
- Support establishing cost estimation for C&SU activities.
- Support development and implementation of project completion data base to support project execution and reporting.
- Monitor, supervise and lead commissioning and start up activities.
- Report project status to CSU Manager.
- Manage client secondees to complete commissioning and startup procedures, as well develop required LOTOs for tie points and CSU activities.
- Support LOTO/Permitting coordination as required utilizing either client or EPFC requirements with secondee operation support.
- Effectively liaise with both project and client Construction, Operations and Maintenance teams.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills; communicates effectively with various contacts (internal and external).
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Manage and report on the project schedule, including updating of the project plan and continuous monitoring of C&SU costs.
- Support establishing estimated manpower requirements for C&SU activities by discipline and create staffing plan.
- Plan, prepare, execute, and complete commissioning activities and ensure they are performed in accordance with all specified requirements and with results satisfactory to the Design Basis Memorandum as well as Vendor requirements.
- Plan and execute plant Operation’s Test and Performance Testing.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team - ensuring all Commissioning activities are well planned, arranged, executed, and completed in such a way that the safety and health of the personnel and the integrity of plant and the environment are always safeguarded.
- Assign tasks to commissioning resources in a clear and organized fashion, with well-defined scope and expectations, eliminating duplication of effort and activities in required sequence.
- Attend project and construction meetings and assign completion dates to all open items to ensure no impact to commissioning testing and progress.
- Ensure all the commissioning testing activities are documented and understood by all team members, supporting turnover data books.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Plant Operations, Construction and C&SU activities is required.
- A 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate is preferred.
- Gas plant specific experience is preferred, but other related experience will be considered.
- Proven leadership capabilities demonstrated through management of various projects.
- Knowledge of regulatory and jurisdictional requirements.
- Knowledge of CSU standards and Industry practices.
- Able interpret engineering drawings such as P&ID, Plot Plan, Isometrics, etc.
- Knowledge of safety procedures in a plant/field environment is considered an asset.
- Experience working with a multi-discipline team is required.
- Basic knowledge of computer software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Ability to make timely decisions working in a dynamic environment.
- Position location will be either support planning remotely or from Calgary office then transition into a rotational site-based role with a backshift.
- This is a fly-in, fly-out position, working on a 14&14 rotation.
NO UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS REGARDING STATUS OF APPLICATION AND/OR AGENCY PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.