SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
The Senior Project Engineer will be supporting the Project Management group and will be accountable for ensuring their assigned projects meet the desired results through strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. As a Senior Project Engineer, you will work on one or multiple assigned projects and client accounts to support the project team from early project development through to execution. Construction Deliverables, Material Requisitions, facilitating meetings, capturing meeting notes and minutes and other engineering deliverables will be areas of responsibility as will managing the scope, budget and schedule for their assigned projects as required. More specific responsibilities include:.
- Support senior personnel with the execution of projects including the design of plans, preliminary estimates, and details – with the use of EPFC guidelines. Where no guidelines exist, capable of creating fit-for-purpose plans and guidelines.
- Develop, coordinate inputs, and maintain the project design basis in the form of a DBM, using it as a roadmap throughout the life of the project.
- Verify and complete requests for proposals, estimates and other technical documents as required by the Client.
- Develop and write structured reports as required for the project and predetermined studies.
- Facilitate meetings capturing meeting notes and minutes for dissemination to participants.
- Develop and manage action logs. Able to concisely review with PMT members and that of the client as required.
- Able to develop meeting agendas and run effective meetings when necessary.
- Technically competent to review engineering deliverables and ask questions of concern with technical authorities as needed.
- Interface with project controls personnel on an on-going basis – i.e., scope control, cost control, schedule control and risk control.
- Demonstrate autonomy with regards to project management tasking.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing project deliverables (regulatory, cost estimating, PEP’s and DBMs)
- Reporting and scheduling
- Engineering/Design Support
- Procurement Support
- Construction Support
- Interpret and apply applicable regulatory requirements to execute assigned projects safely and successfully.
- Proactively manage deadlines and ensure appropriate communication is provided (to relevant parties) when schedule and cost conflicts arise.
- Ability to run computer simulation programs as well as in-house engineering spreadsheets.
- Strong familiarity with the use of One Note and SharePoint would be considered as beneficial as is the proficient use of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary project environment.
- Ability to work and contribute individually and as part of a team.
- Establish, maintain, and build healthy internal and client relationships.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Degree in Engineering with 6-9 years of technical and project engineering experience and a P.Eng. designation.
- Well organized and able to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently.
- Able to articulate and communicate concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Understands how to receive and manage constructive directives in a professional manner.
- Is comfortable and able to engage in discussion with peers, technical personnel, clients, and executives.
- Is a self-starter who takes the initiative and has the drive to complete work efforts in a coordinated and timely fashion.
- Having dedicated exposure to both fabrication and site construction activities would be considered an asset.
- Industry class competitive compensation and vacation plan.
- Medical and dental plan.
- Health/Wellness spending account.
- RRSP matching program.
- Annual Professional Development budget.
- EPFC Young Professionals Group.
- Staff events and team building.
SUPPORTING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
EPFC is an equal opportunity employer which recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified candidates will receive coordination for employment based on objective criteria and without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.